Home Technical Talk

Maya - Mesh disappeared after using multicut tool?

I am working on a school project where I need to model a container using subdivision modeling. I am new to Maya but have a few years of experience with Blender.

I tried adding a loopcut to the frame of my container using the multicut tool and the mesh for the frame completely disappeared. CTRL-Z did nothing so I thought fine, I'll just go back to my previous save. Weird thing is - it is also gone there? (even though I didn't save after it disappeared, I know this because I also added other objects after this save, which aren't there) It almost seems like all the mesh data is just gone or something, since the amount of polys I have is also way lower now. Could it be because in all the hours I spent modeling I forgot to delete history? The object is not hidden, it is called "container_main_frame_1". I tried transforming the "invisible" mesh to see if it shows up but nothing seems to happen. I also tried exporting it as an .obj but it gives me an empty file. The mesh is still there in older saves, but I would need to redo about an hour of work.

Is it just corrupted? Or am I missing something?