Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Having a really hard time with eyelids, please help.

As the title says, i've been about 2 days now trying to sculpt eyelids for my charctheres for a college project. Can you guys give me a new light? I've looked at reference and studied the shapes of the eyelids and still it dosent seem to click. Also fell free to critic the hole face aswell, any comment is apreciated.

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    You want to look to the forms of the whole head, preferably the whole body.
    You can use a free app like Daz3D for reference.
    The modelling work you have done indicates you started at a high resolution which makes it almost impossible to control your mesh. Work from low to high.
    You can sculpt eyes by placing a sphere in the model and sculpting around it. There are loads od vids on youtube dealing with this. Have fun!

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! It looks like you have two topics to tackle here, improving anatomy and getting better with the tool.

To improve anatomy, you'll simply have to continue making studies with the goal to grasp/ deconstruct shapes and proportions. Don't neglect doing 2d studies too, it's potentially quicker and removes the struggling with the tool part.

For creating 3d meshes, I agree, some reference geometry to inspect can be helpful. Another thing I find sometimes helpful, is building the model from seperate meshes (here - separate eyelids, maybe box modeled with subdivision modifier). Might be easier to control shapes and create definition that way. Once it looks good, meshes can be merged and polished.

Good luck!