Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

3D Modelers Wanted for Multiplayer Arena Action Game (Prior Codebase Available)

Prominence
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Prominence polycounter lvl 13

Greetings! I'm a general modeler/animator, with experience in the industry and with developing an indie game or two myself; what I'm seeking are fellow character and environmental modelers who are looking to sharpen their skills. I currently have an IP that I wish to potentially make into a game.

• This is intended to be a game involving both shooting and swordplay. Devil May Cry isn't quite the exact best reference, but it's close. (If you've ever heard of the game S4 League, it also takes inspiration from that game, as well as others such as Anarchy Reigns and certain Battle Royales.) The idea is smooth and fast combat with heavy impact. The programmer currently on board is skilled in this element and has a prior codebase to pull from, allowing us to focus on the artistic elements early. Examples of the programming work done are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfeY6H-hSOQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbLhOBLbwGs, wherein we will be using this prior work as a base in Unity. Some concept artwork is here:

• As you can see, character concept art and limited environmental concepts are available. As this is intended to be simply a Proof Of Concept, I'm not worried about anything beyond the main three characters' models and some props at the moment. It's intended to be a somewhat anime and cartoonish style. Any modeling software is welcome; though Blender is what most will go through.

• After the POC is done, we can discuss whether we worked well together, if the POC came out well, and if we want to continue on this path. Should we, then from there we can discuss payment plans and whatnot.
    If you are interested or otherwise have any questions, please, reach me either via PM here, or DM on Discord at PFlare#8230 (pretty sure Discord's changed some things, but oh well). I'd love to see your portfolio. If you have any questions, please ask. Thank you for your time!

Replies