Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE5] Ruins In Jungle

hublus
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
hublus polycounter lvl 4
Hey everyone, that's environment I spent last few months on. I hope you like it :) Any suggestions and feedback are more than welcome. For now I'm done with it, but I might revisit it in few months.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8b0ewO - more info and some breakdowns.

Replies

• MEKA_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello my friend,
    I hope you're doing well.

I'll leave this here in case you wanted to revisit this as you mentioned.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Good work so far!

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The scene does look nice and consistent, but my main criticism is the 2 focal points aren't very interesting, there's a tunnel looking at a tree trunk and an arch that's obstructed by a tree that gets lost in the building behind it. A little bit of color or contrast could make either one of those focal points pop. I think a sign, car, animal, etc could go a long way. Or putting the tree behind the arch and making the arch a little more interesting (Maybe a sign, clock or sculpture). I'd experiment with 2d cut outs or paint overs and find what works for you. If nature has taken over is what you're going for, try some butterflies or birds. If there's people still living here, maybe try putting in a dirt path and some trash.
  • hublus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hublus polycounter lvl 4
    MEKA_ said:
    Hello my friend,
    I hope you're doing well.

I'll leave this here in case you wanted to revisit this as you mentioned.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Good work so far!

ZacD said:
    The scene does look nice and consistent, but my main criticism is the 2 focal points aren't very interesting, there's a tunnel looking at a tree trunk and an arch that's obstructed by a tree that gets lost in the building behind it. A little bit of color or contrast could make either one of those focal points pop. I think a sign, car, animal, etc could go a long way. Or putting the tree behind the arch and making the arch a little more interesting (Maybe a sign, clock or sculpture). I'd experiment with 2d cut outs or paint overs and find what works for you. If nature has taken over is what you're going for, try some butterflies or birds. If there's people still living here, maybe try putting in a dirt path and some trash.
    Thanks a lot for insightful feedback. I will definitely keep points you made in mind when I will revisit this project.