Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I'm trying to make an Ambient Cyberpunk.

Hello. I would like feedback on what you think of this environment I am developing, as I am trying to learn more about UE. If you could help me, I've never taken a course on this field, all I "know" is what I saw in YouTube tutorials.

Note: I would really appreciate it if you could recommend courses, the ones I've seen converting to Brazilian currency are expensive.

Replies

• Polish_Wizard

Great effort! However, there are areas that could benefit from improvement. Creating an ambient cyberpunk scene in Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) involves combining various elements such as lighting, materials, assets, and post-processing effects to achieve the desired atmosphere. Here's a general guide to help you get started

1. Gather Assets

• Obtain or create assets that fit the cyberpunk theme. Look for futuristic buildings, neon signs, street elements, and other cyberpunk-inspired objects.

2. Scene Setup

• Create and set the overall mood by adjusting the sky, fog, and global illumination settings. Consider using a dark or twilight sky with a subtle fog to enhance the cyberpunk atmosphere.

3. Lighting

• Use Point Lights, Spotlights, and other light sources to illuminate your scene. Emphasize neon signs, holographic displays, and other cyberpunk lighting elements. Experiment with different light colors, such as blues, pinks, and purples, to achieve a futuristic look.

4. Post-Processing

• Utilize the Post Process Volume to add effects like Bloom, Lens Flares, and Color Grading. Adjust the settings to enhance the cyberpunk aesthetic, emphasizing high contrast and vibrant colors. Consider enabling features like Depth of Field for cinematic shots.

5. Materials

• Create or find materials that have a futuristic and metallic appearance. Utilize emissive materials for elements like holographic displays or futuristic screens. Experiment with the Material Editor to add subtle animated effects, such as scrolling patterns or pulsating lights.

6. Particle Systems:

• Use Cascade (UE5's particle system) to create effects like rain, sparks, or floating holographic particles. These elements can add dynamism and further contribute to the cyberpunk feel.

7. Sound Design if apikabole

• Incorporate ambient sounds that fit the cyberpunk theme, such as distant traffic, humming machinery, or electronic music. Sound can play a significant role in establishing the atmosphere.

8. Detailing

• Pay attention to small details like graffiti, futuristic advertisements, and decals to add realism to the environment. Populate the scene with NPCs or animated objects to create a sense of life.

9. Camera Effects

• Experiment with camera effects like Cinematic Camera and Camera Animations to create dynamic shots that enhance the cyberpunk atmosphere.

Remember, the cyberpunk aesthetic often involves a mix of futuristic elements, neon lights, and a gritty urban environment. Be creative, experiment with UE5's features, and tailor the scene to your vision of a cyberpunk world. Additionally, always refer to the latest UE5 documentation for any new features or improvements that may aid in achieving your desired aesthetic.

Wishing you a joyful and productive creative process. Have a fantastic day!

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh ChatGPT replies. Please don't do that here, it cheapens the forum.