Home Technical Talk

Got stumped when baking normal map

So basically I got lots of artifacts when trying to bake my character model as a whole, yet when I bake my character parts separately the normal looks fine. I have no clue what could've caused this, can you guys help?
I'm using blender for modeling and Marmoset for the baking.
the mo

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Got overlapping UVs? Can you attach the meshes?
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    are highpoly and lowpoly in the same place and?
    is your ray distance far enough? do you possibly bake more than one textureset at once?
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    cage? but yea separate them either by name or distance in view-port, so a new save in blender of an exploded mesh if there is a script.  idk about blender nor the baker in marmoset but looks like the issue to me.
  • K9ght
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G said:
    Hi! Got overlapping UVs? Can you attach the meshes?

Seems like the problem is caused by cage. Somehow my marmoset cant do cage right, but when i reinstall the application the problem is gone.
  • K9ght
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 said:
    cage? but yea separate them either by name or distance in view-port, so a new save in blender of an exploded mesh if there is a script.  idk about blender nor the baker in marmoset but looks like the issue to me.

yeah it's causing by inaccurate cage, somehow my marmoset cannot do the cage right, the problem is gone after I reinstalled marmoset. Thanks for help!

• K9ght
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 said:

yeah it's causing by inaccurate cage, somehow my marmoset cannot do the cage right, the problem is gone after I reinstalled marmoset. Thanks for help!