Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Think Tank Online-Foundations Term Final

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Princevx4 polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone,
I am princevx4. Currently, I am enrolled at Think Tank Training Center's Online Program. I wanted to log my progress on my foundation term final project here!
I will be recreating Zeen Chin's "The Vessel" in a 3D render, which you can find here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oODJ4w

This is my progress so far, I spend a lot of time making these proxy meshes to make the camera in the render view while also ensuring the mesh still makes sense in 3D world space.

Pretty happy with the camera matching, now onto making these proxy meshes into sculpts to better match the camera!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool subject! No crits yet, subscribed!
  • Princevx4
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Princevx4 polycounter lvl 4
    Hey guys, popping in to showcase some of the progress I've been making on this.
    I spent the past week or so sculpting out the proxy meshes inside of zbrush to better match the concept. Still got some modeling to do, but wanted to show you all. GoZ was very helpful bringing meshes in an out quickly between the two softwares; I was able to check my meshes in frame quite easily with that feature!

An Issue I am having is the fingers; if I try to match them to the concept more closely they become very elongated in 3D world space. Ill figure out a way to address it soon.

Also, wanted to showcase some of the topology I've done for this so far. Keeping it clean and simple.

Lastly, a gif for comparison on camera matching to the concept.

-princevx4