Home Career & Education

3D sculpting careers

Hello ! I've been 3D sculpting for around a year now and I was curious what kind of jobs I can get in that field so if I got that path :) I would prefer something more character oriented like figurines cause I don't really like doing tedious retopology
Thank you all in advance !

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Not my area of interest but yes as you've mentioned, there is a marketplace for figurines. A few freelance - 3d artists I know of, typically with many years AAA or AA games production experience have indeed switched careers which in turn usually enables a sustainable living i.e. mainly nurturing a brand-name via associated quality output plus importantly alongside, professional business acumen especially dealing with clientele. Also for clarification, that's really not to imply can't be done from scratch but just be prepared to invest quite a lot of time and effort in reaching your prospective goal/s.

Now here's a guy who's work I've followed for years. First stumbled across one of his wips on the soon to be defunct CGS/CGTalk forum because of my specialty which is mostly automotive or vehicle hard surface however nowadays he's leaning more toward VR interactive modeling workflows by implementing Substance Modeler for paid work, though in combination with Zbrush'd figurines, as well.

Danny (aka: @  Musashidan) is still active over on BlenderArtist so might be worthwhile, in terms of tips/hints to have a peep there, too.