Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: MrHobo

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
Been easing back into trying to finish things for myself and need a good way to keep track of personal projects There's never really been a good replacement for a good ol forum thread, so this is going to be used as my spot to keep things rolling and maybe give myself some momentum on a few things from my shame pile.
Speaking of which been chipping away at this guy for a while, need to do a lot of passes on everything.

Replies

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tonight, refined hands a bit, just reinforcing some of the folds/wrinkles.
    Took a pass at detailing the knees and arms a bit too.
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent some time chipping away at various parts:
    Worked the cloth (wrinkles, folds, etc)
    Reworked the gauntlet to be more claw like
    Added notches for all the leather straps
    Added trim to some of the cloth
    Added stitching
    Added a shoulder pauldron, the upper arms felt too bear and I wanted something to echo the design in the greaves. It also brought more asymmetry into the design.
    Added a very soft recessed indentation in the cloth of the body, in substace Im going to apply a tillable pattern I made for the religious order this character is apart of to that recessed area and turn it into embroidery.
    I also started work on a file in Toolbag for  lighting my sculpts going forward.

Next up I need to extract the exposed hand and turn it into a "Glove" (maybe with scarification in the shape of script of some kind. And resculpt the hand underneath as exposed muscle and tendon. Also need to make some kind of attachment for the waistband for the "Glove" to hook onto when its not being worn.
    The basic idea is that when the "Glove" is off, he can immolate anything he touches with his bare flesh when its on he can interact with things as normal.
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So got around to making some very minor tweaks here and there and extracting the hand into a glove. Someone suggested a necklace, I might try a Rosary style thing I hang off his sash.
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added a medallion, made a glove out of his hand, belt hook, thigh wraps, leather padding area to the cassock, and a bunch of tiny tweaks. Also adjusted the light setup in TB, bit more contrasty I think.
     Now its done. and I can get to low poly and bakes... Unless I take a break or get distracted

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OH BOY DID I HAVE FUN RETOPING ALL THOSE GOD DAMN SILHOUETTE BREAKS!...
    but its done, 28k or so, I have like 1300 left for alphas for hair if I want to keep it 30k or under. UV's here I come

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok UVs done. 4 materials final textures will be 2k for all of them and maybe a 512x256 for a staff. Test bake on the head came out great at 2k.
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been texturing, just a couple passes on the head and started the teeth and raw hand tonight.
    One of these days I need to sit down and actually setup my substance viewport correctly, always have to end up dropping a white fill at the top of the roughness stack and tune the opacity of it to dial in the values.

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did touch ups and tweaks to the raw hand and the face. Got work in on the arms legs and the flesh glove. This has me thinking... I will forever be amazed at just how much you can get out of a 2k texture. Can probably start texturing the actual clothing next. Might start with the crown.

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got all the basic materials blocked in. No texturing or masking yet just pure material and color more or less and the colors will shift a bit probably. Limiting myself to metals found in blood, Copper, Brass (combo of zinc and copper) and Iron. Leathers and basic wool/cotton for fabrics.

Also for future me, nice way to fix those annoying gaps between ID masks is this set up in the mask stack

Just a slight blur and then use the histogram scan to shift the edge back and forth.
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mostly happy with the greaves but not 100% with the boots, happy with the gauntlet but need to tweak the leather a bit.