Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Intersecta" by 11th Dan [2.5D Indie Game - Art Showcase]

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Will_Maccabe polycounter lvl 3

INTERSECTA “Intense and intuitive tactical arcade style shoot-em up.”    www.11thdan.com

Hi, my name is Will and I have been developing a prototype of a new indie game where I am designer and concept artist/game artist. I wanted to share some of the artworks from the alpha 1.0 build with polycount. More information can be found via the websites. Please also feel free to network with me via the contacts on 11th Dan website or via my art portfolio website in my signature.

INTERSECTA>>>

“Intersecta” is the first title being developed by 11th Dan. Beta release is planned for early Q1/2024 and the final release is planned for Q2/2024. This is Intersecta in a nutshell:

- Intense and intuitive tactical top-down shoot-em up that adds a fresh twist to the genre.
- Arcade game feel with a combination of fast twitch gaming and intelligent use of tactics.
- An audio-visual style that is stand out and uses the technical power of Unreal Engine 5.
- A 2.5D game with a combination of 2D and 3D elements.

You  can find out more information about 11th Dan and “Intersecta” the game here>>>

www.11thdan.com

[INTERSECTA: TECH DEMO] – GAMEPLAY 1 [2:52]

https://youtu.be/k0VcMxxll6Y?si=3V_h5ztzpsgtvLzk

This video demonstration is a recording of 3 minutes of the gameplay from a level in the game. It shows how far the game design has been implemented:

ART SIDE: The pipeline for concept art & art style development to the final game asset implementation has been achieved. This includes blueprint coding, animation, special FX and A.I. coding as well as optimisation.

TECH SIDE: The alpha game code has been implemented and is running well and is close to being ready for beta release. The overall direction for the audio-visual feel and the handling of the game play has been achieved. The basis will easily allow progression and implementation of additional planned features and content.

[SCREENSHOTS] 

Here are 3 in-game screen shots to give you a feel for the graphics:

Replies

• Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is some concept art from the "Intersecta" game. I made all of the concept art and game assets:

Concept Art - The Heavy Wasp

Concept Art - The Heavy Wasp

Concept Art - The Wasp

Game Sprites [in-game assets] - The Wasp & Heavy Wasp

Concept Art - The Mosquito Swarm

Concept Art - The Mosquito

Concept Art - The Turret

Concept Art - The Mobile Turret

Concept Art - TheTurrets

Concept Art - The Fire Fly

Concept Art - The Butter Fly [Player Sprite]

Concept Art - The Butter Fly [Player Sprite - Customisation]

Tools: Photoshop, AfterEffects, Unreal Engine 5
  • Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ug_CsgxqQ
    THE WASP This is a technical demo of the wasp. They move in squadrons and always behave differently. Wasps don’t have lasers yet they plot dive attacks so the player has to be ready to evade this as they can be deadly.

THE TRAINING ZONE The training zone is a simple feature where the player can practice against the several enemy A.I. bots and learn how to do other actions in the game. Set in a virtual battle zone, the training zone is accessed via the menu menus and is not a place where scores are logged.

INTERSECTA – “Intense and intuitive tactical top-down shoot-em up.” www.11thdan.com

• Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETR-3id22H8&t=1s
    THE HEAVY WASP This is a technical demo of the heavy wasp. Heavy wasps have a front mounted rotating laser cannon that can shoot in all directions. They also have heavier armour and can take more hits. Like the lighter wasp, heavy wasps move in squadrons and always behave differently.

THE TRAINING ZONE The training zone is a simple feature where the player can practice against the several enemy A.I. bots and learn how to do other actions in the game. Set in a virtual battle zone, the training zone is accessed via the menu menus and is not a place where scores are logged.

INTERSECTA – “Intense and intuitive tactical top-down shoot-em up.” www.11thdan.com

• Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Merry Xmas polycount! Hope you are having a lovely festives.  B)
  • Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will keep going with the art and dev updates...  hope you like.

FIREMODES The gameplay is tactical, intense, and intuitive partly due to the 3 different fire modes. This is a technical demo of the fire modes, some of the different weapons and the player must manage overheating.
    https://youtu.be/IfNS4pv9OlY

THE TURRET This is a technical demo of the level one turret. It has extremely sharp A.I. and will track the player around the screen. When the player is in range it will shoot. The player needs to watch the fire sequence of the turret (it lights up a few seconds before shooting) and needs to take out turrets as priority.
    https://youtu.be/02r5xqSzaQ8

• Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Customisation Menu - 200 variations of space ship available.
    https://youtu.be/q-vwTvHgqrI
    This video demonstration shows how much customisation is integrated into the game design and graphics. It shows how far the game design and UI has been implemented. From the customisation menu the player chooses the configuration they want, and this rolls into the game directly affecting the game mechanics. Before take-off, on the landing pad between levels, you can choose your favourite colour and decals. You can also customise and fine tune your spaceship’s parts to alter the speed, acceleration, armour rating and handling (manoeuvrability) of the craft. These changes directly reflect in the game mechanics, and each configuration has advantages and disadvantages.

5 types of fuselages combine with 5 types of wings to give 25 different configurations, and each combination of fuselage and wings results in the craft having different speed, acceleration, handling, armour and hit point ratings. There are also 8 different colour schemes. Overall, there are 200 possible spaceship configurations, therefore.

It is about choosing the best set up for your personal playing style; choose more armour (to absorb fire) or more speed (to dodge fire) in order to tackle the different levels, enemies, and environments.

INTERSECTA – “Intense and intuitive tactical top-down shoot-em up.”
    www.11thdan.com