Home Marmoset

Toolbag - UV1 for transparency? Custom shader?

insane polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Fabi_G insane polycounter
Hi! I'd like to use UV1 for the alpha map. This is for a past project, I wish to render in Toolbag 4, no urgent matter, just curious.

I read through the custom shader page on the toolbag website, but my knowledge and understanding of the shader code is still insufficient to make a working modification. I get the intended effect when exchanging "vertexTexCoord" for "vertexTexCoordSecondary" in alphabase.frag, but, of course, that's a change to the standard shader. I would instead like to do something like an override or expand the existing alphabase.frag with a bool to use UV1, if that's possible.

Appreciate any tips. In the meantime I will keep looking.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character

You could try to contact Chris Perrella who is mentioned in your link to the toolbag website
    radiancef0rge on polycount.

Back in the day he wrote a custom shader for Toolbag 3 that does support a 2nd channel for transparency (at my request, I believe) and was plugged in as custom one but replaced the Albedo slot. Unfortunately I can't locate it with a quick web search here on polycount. As I recall it was a very simple shader, probably still good to go in Toolbag 4.

Sadly it's not installed right now on my new machine over here. I do have it in a backup on my old PC though should all other efforts fail.

• francoislarrieu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    francoislarrieu polycounter lvl 4
    Hi all!

I'd just have to make sure that when you put a normal texture and an alpha, the base albedo is transparent, that it takes on the color underneath, because even if I deactivate the albedo, the color remains white. I just want make Deffered decal like in Unreal...
    Is there any way around this?
    Original thread is here: https://polycount.com/discussion/229477/marmoset-toolbag-4-deferred-material-for-pom-decals

Thanks!