Home General Discussion

No Artrstation forum so

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
iam717 greentooth
Should we discuss this at all? let me know.
Discussion: has anyone looked at the Blogs section at all, ever? it has been for a while now here and there FLOODED with what looks like bot spam posts as "ads", I've noticed for a bit & not going to lie it sucks when you are looking for actual people.

That is pretty much it, very off putting and one starts to contemplate if i were a $paying customer this would make me stop immediately, i think they should add a section for these spamming things and take it off the latest section entirely and make the blog ads section just for that spam.

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, they love their AI, so these are exactly the type of posts they're catering to.

The point of having a respected portfolio website, is that it's the first place you go to find people to hire. When half the posts are people who clicked 'generate', that certainly takes away a lot of the appeal. Not responding to obvious art theft (I've reported a lot of it, with links to the originals) is another nail in the coffin. I wouldn't pay for Artstation at this point, I'd rather just self-host.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I was about to write something similar, their response to the AI protest was lackluster at best. It's hard to be supportive of Artstation.
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    I would report them, they usually are fairly good at getting rid of stuff that is that obvious. I can't say I've been super happy with Artstation's stance on AI and such, but it's still a useful space. It's the first place I go when we are looking at people's portfolios, I think it's the only place that has coordinated Art Blasts, which are nice and more selfishly I get more sales on Artstation than anywhere else.
    It's a bit like Adobe or Autodesk, they are kind of the industry standard place for portfolios and art sharing even though I think they could be doing a lot more to support the people who use their service.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    i know hosting and servicing is an accomplishment but i wonder how come other like-minded sites do not pop up or are even mentioned, i remember a few but they caught no "steam/traction", i agree a self host situation would be best but, then all the art is "hiding or hidden", and or then lost to many possible situations.  I always thought to myself why didn't polycount do it first... thanks for the responses, makes sense.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I used to have my own site with host papa , I seemed to get more work then :)