Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Blender Modeling Hotkey Sheet

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hello dear community.

A few days ago I had the idea to create some modeling sheet to remember all the hotkeys and to make it easier for beginners to get started. 

I have been inspired to do it because of the Sheet from guidanski.com. https://www.blendernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/blender-infographic-SM-2500.png 

One Reason was that there isnt any Hotkey sheet with an artistic Background anywhere. Most f them are Text and Icons on a plain Background and/or are overloaded. That's why I decided to only include the hotkeys that are important for pure modeling.

Atm It is still work in progress.  Orientation Hotkeys arent complete.

Do you think it is a helpful Idea or is it waste of time to do something like that? Just want to share it with you and maybe someone has some Critique for it. Feel free to use it as a Wallpaper or Print.

Replies

• Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    Your background makes the sheet too noisy, making it harder to see the actual hotkeys, and the hotkeys are smaller too because of their placement on the artwork.
  • Morgorak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx 4 the Critique.
    Trying to get rid of the noisy Background and testing with a new Blockout of the Rounded Windows. Now they are a Rectangle with Black BG. Will update with more details and better positioning for the Hotkeys. The overlapping Problem in the LOGO will be fixed too.

• Morgorak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 3
    Rearranged the Hotkeys. Orientation completed. Modeling changed a bit. 

Content should be complete now.

Next Update would be to Detail the overall Blockout.

Comments and Critique almost appreciated. 

• Morgorak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone,

I finally got around to working on the project again. I decided to base the design on the cyberpunk style. So I playfully integrated some details to see where the journey should go. I also removed some parts and inserted them elsewhere and adjusted the light and textures a bit.

I'm happy with the placement of the hotkeys, at least in the top right corner. I will probably not leave the Blender logo and the headline as they are and rather choose something cyberpunk like a neon sign. Next I'll take care of more details, especially the screens. They are just too flat and therefore don't get much attention.

All in all, it's a lot of fun to create something like this. A nice challenge due to the amount of information.

As always, suggestions, improvements etc. are always welcome.

Until the next update.

• FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    A cool project in a way. Except I've avoided re-learning Blender's "new" default keymap since the 2.8 overhaul... and kept the old 2.7x keymap from the presets, haha.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks pretty good! Will give it a test run this morning.