Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Need help of 3D artists to recreate plants in 3D for education / bio preservation

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
Hello All,

I talked to many universities and Botanical gardens regarding the preservation of the plants and bio-diversity using 3D as we have tools to make the life like plants now. More like megascans but for educational purposes.
Here are some examples of how they do it until now

Making a painted version Dais bamutis - The Linnean Collections (linnean-online.org)
Drying and keeping a specimen Smith Herbarium - The Linnean Collections (linnean-online.org)

I do not have means to create systems like megascans but I am doing it as a hobby and for preservation
I am trying different ways to scan the leaves and making the plant in the blender. For now I need help with modelling the leaves as per the images and scans of the leaves and details of the plant. Blender is apreciated but you can use any other software as long as you can make good topological mesh and provide me with fbx/obj.
I will make plant using those. Slowly I can teach you as well how to make it. Slowly when we have a good system to make a plant quickly. 

Fill out this form if you are interested. https://forms.gle/YyjHnLiFvpe7QHiA6
You can use the plants in your portfolio as well. once those are ready.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Cheers