Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP of Stylized Character - Feedback SUPER APPRECIATED <3

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
taanthip triangle
Hello! First time posting on here, wanted to get some feedback on my sculpt so far. 

This is the concept! Very cool by ToothWu 

Here is the sculpt so far 

Currently unhappy with arm armor bits, Armor detailing in general if anyone has any tips on how to cleanly detail the armor. Workflow rn is Z modeler, apply dynamic sub d, mask and extract the design.

How do I go about the bronze armor circle details

General feedback and critique would be super appreciated!!

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If you don't want to be super true to concept its a good representation !
    I can point a few miner issue and one bigger one .Side view has some issues with body and face construction thats the big one
    Torso is too wide [concept is in 3/4 so be mindful that in this view things appear wider then they are] Abdominal area look weird and unnecessary complex
    keep details for the face

• taanthip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    taanthip triangle
    carvuliero for all the feedback + paintovers, tried my best to fix anatomy stuff, narrowed him and completely redid the arm armor. Also went with thicker bevels around the metal and tried to emphasize more of the shapes from the concept. And added some thickness to the cloth as well! Gotta move on to lowpoly now to stick to class schedule but overall alot happier with this than before! Any feedback is still super appreciated! 

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
  • taanthip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    taanthip triangle

Hello! I am back. the character is all baked and optimized all that stuff. Now i'm working on the black and white handpainting! Would love any feedback! I reshaped the face more so he's less flat but unfortunately to stick to the class schedule did not have time to fix the back armor/leather thing. 

• taanthip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    taanthip triangle
    Highpoly

Bake 

Gradient B+W Pass

Face Adjustment ;.) - TRIED to unflatten him but still get the front angle to look similar to concept