Home Adobe Substance

Baking UDIMS IN SUBSTANCE QUESTION

sandrac
node
Offline / Send Message
sandrac node
Hello, I was hoping i could get some answers in here; I was watching this livestream : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AFNe-gtZg&t=490s&ab_channel=JaredChavez  min 3:43 
and for the baking he's only using one low poly mesh, yet he has multiple high polys for the baking, How does this work? Shouldn't there be the same number of high and low poly meshes ??

need some help over here I'm running out of brain power.

Replies

• Klunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klunk ngon master
    it's quite common, in it's simplest form it could something like this....

where the box (low poly) is using the cylinder and geosphere as render targets (hi poly). In the tutorial above it's sub parts like feet, legs and head etc they don't really overlap much which one presumes it's done that way to make them more manageable.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The process for setting it up is (or was) well explained in the painter documentation. You have a fair bit of control over what happens so it's well wort reading 
  • sandrac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sandrac node
    Hey, guys i figured out lol, well i messaged the author, theres one low poly mesh names example_low, and then theres for example say 6 different high poly meshes, all of those meshes have to be named example_high; it never occured to me jaja, anyways thanks for replying