Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio feedback

Hi, I'm a game art student and would love to get some feedback on my portfolio and plans:

https://www.artstation.com/davidheer/albums/7397165

Things I know I want to change/add are more breakdowns of the actual process, UV's texture maps and wireframes. What I'm currently struggling with is the fact that it seems like my portfolio is split between doing procedural stuff and actual models, because I really enjoy working on both. Ideally I would love to create a project which combines both these skillsets to show that they actually enhance each other and work in conjunction. Is this a reasonable idea or should I really focus more on one aspect?

Replies

• Korbology
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Korbology polycounter lvl 2
    Very sharp looking stuff. I can tell you put a lot of thought into things like clean topology and making your tools easy to use. My main question would just be what role you're looking to get into? Your portfolio seems to be split between weapon art and tech art, which, lots of indie studios could use a generalist who does both, but if you're looking to get into AAA you'll most likely need to specialize in one of them. From my understanding good tech artists are hard to come by so that'd likely be the easier path into the industry. You'll just have to decide what you enjoy more and where you want to end up.

Good luck, and again, looking good!