Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for help with: Enviro art, tech art, character art, illustration for UE5 action game

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
Looking for any help to help fill out content for an action game made in UE5.

About compensation
This is unpaid but I'd like to work on a contract something along the lines of:
  • If the project is sold commercially then you'll recoup from profits at typical market rate for US based work in your discipline
  • If a publisher is gained and funds development, immediate recoup for your work at delivery of funds and then, if you want to continue working on project, will be on a renegotiated freelance contract
  • If project is not sold commercially or does not earn profit, you can sell your work or whatever you want to do after it is released or after a time threshold
  • Whether or not project is sold or makes any profit, all work contributed to project can be used for your portfolio or any type of showcase, at any time
Project background:
I have finished pre-production and have most content blocked in with placeholder art. I aim to complete vertical slice in ~3-5 more months.
and I also have a devlog here on polycount.
There is a playable build with about ten hours of gameplay currently.

Ideal help would be able to work 10+ hours a week and be able to have a meeting once a week to review progress. Having made a commercial game before is a big bonus, however if you are a student or learning 3d that may not be a problem. There is workflow defined for every asset type, so as long as you can follow instructions it's not a big deal if you have not done something before, I am happy to help.

Only reason for hours-per-week suggestion is because if I am waiting for a dependency I'll usually just do it myself, so a person who just doesn't have very much time will fall too far behind.

My major needs are illustration who could focus on marketing related art and some UI.

Next, a tech artist who can help work out some things like bleed effects and other animated materials.

Environment artist and character artist will be a big help too. There are existing models to be polished but there is a decent amount of new things to be made as well, including some opportunity to help with concepts if you like to do that sort of thing.

This will be ongoing so feel free to send a message any time. Things I'll want to see is your portfolio, your motivation to help with project (i.e. what do you expect to gain from the endeavor), and what are your main areas of interest to help with. 

Replies