Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Looking for feedback - 3D character

Enavi
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Enavi polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone, as the tittle says I'm looking for some feedback in this male body I'm sculpting, would really appreciate any comment, really trying to push the quality, thanks! 

Replies

• Vertrucio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertrucio greentooth
    There's lots of smaller errors related to muscles flowing between forms. For example, the deltoid muscle always has a triangular shape as it connects between the bicep and tricep. Body builders tend to overdo it on these muscles, making them appear boxy, but it should still be there. It should also flow with the pectoral, or rather the pectoral muscle wraps around and under the deltoid into the arm and attaches to the humerus bone.

Because the pectoral muscle flows under the deltoid, you shouldn't have part of the deltoid muscle wrapping under the pectoral like this:

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    You can use Daz3D as a reference while you work. The body and particularly the head look stylized. There is no real turn around so I cant tell for sure but there is something off with the skull shape. Its a good rule to never model an expression into a relaxed pose (face).

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Kind of look like a human which i guess is a good sign but it has quite a few structural and anatomical issues even for stylized char
    Let me try to name at least the biggest offenders :
    - inner knee is missing
    -soleus is missing
    -scapula is no correctly place which messed up whole back
    -triceps is very weird
    -forearm is missing extensor group
    -straight abs , they should be wider on the top
    -deltoid is wrong in all views
    Try to fix list above and you be much close to human looking thing , also try to understand forms first then sculpt them