Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Theodor Obreja - Character Game Art Portfolio Journey

Hello everyone, I am Theodor, currently doing my masters in Game Art and Design. Throughout my masters I want to focus on character art. Looking forward to making connections and developing my skills. Any kind of feedback and advice is highly appreciated!

I will just break the ice with my first project:

The Mirk Character Design

The idea of this project was to design the bust of a corrupted warrior from the desert empire, which I will further try to develop and introduce in my future game. In order to make sure I keep the connection between the uncorrupted and corrupted  version, I decided to sculpt both versions of the character, focusing more on the corrupted version for the final result.

Sketches:

First blockout:

Face anatomy study:

Warrior Uncorrupted version final sculpt:

Corrupted Mirk final sculpt:

Texturing and final render:

Really looking forward to receiving your feedback and thoughts!

I will keep on adding future projects on this topic.

Replies

• zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    it's a cool idea but you need to work on your anatomy. In Zbrush you have a great ecorche model that you can use for reference. They eyes are a bit wonky and the musculature needs work. Good luck!

• Boompax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Zetheros for the feedback! I will keep in mind your advice.
  • Boompax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My second project is "The Traveler".

Character background:

This character is a nomad, a travelling merchant. In his time it was said that he travelled through all the empires, been to every town and walked on every road. However, his intentions were not pure at heart. He wasn’t an evil man, but he was greedy, a sly merchant that would sell anything for coins. Thus, one day, a trickster spirit made a deal with him: to satisfy his hunger for gold, in exchange for his soul.

Little did the traveller know that the spirit would use his body for his own greed, to collect other souls. They are now sharing one body, the merchant looking for his gold, and the spirit collecting the souls of the lost wanderers.

Final Sculpt FSB :

Closeup Details:

I wanted to take the base design of the staff a little further and I added model to the front and back, representing the duality of the character.

Future details I will add:

Really looking forward for your feedback! It helps me a lot!