Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Shogunate Showroom

devsuhel17
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
devsuhel17 polycounter lvl 2
Hello!

I have created a Feudal Japan scene during 2020 lockdown. Being very heavily inspired by that Feudal Japan challenge, I wanted to create a showroom. After 3 years, I have decided to come back to this project and give it a up to date optimization with the latest technologies in Unreal Engine (Lumen, Nanite etc) and see what I can do with it. 

Currently in this scene, I am trying to nail the lighting down as realistic as possible as well as remake the props from the ground up. 

The original scene created in 2020 using Unreal Engine 4.

This is how the scene looks now with a new direction in mind and a slight recreation to the interior scene all using the new Lumen real-time lighting.

I find this new iteration of the scene more interesting to play around with, though I could be wrong.

I do plan to remake the assets from the ground up as I have developed better workflows and pipelines than I did 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I do not have the original files for the assets that I created in Blender, it died in my old hard drive which is why I am willing to remake all of those assets in the scene you are seeing.

I still have the post for the original project in my ArtStation if you want to check it out.

So is there anything I could do to improve this scene? I am open to all feedback and constructive criticism.