Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Corvette for 3Dmodels challenge 2023

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
HiernauxNicolas polycounter lvl 10
This year, I enter the 3Dmodels car challenge for the third time  !

Previously I rendered my pictures into Marmoset Toolbag, and this is the plan this year too. (See underneath the entry of the past years)
But what I change in my habits this time is the modeling software. I use Blender ! I wanted to learn blender for a long time and, several month ago, I started to model a corvette with the amazing tutorial from CG Masters. So, the contest will gives me a deadline to finish it. And futhermore to speed up my learning of Blender. :)

Previous entry from 2016 & 2020
2020 topic : https://polycount.com/discussion/223252/wip-bugatti-atlantic-for-hum3d-challenge-2020#latest

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Yeah, Chris Plush is a wizard with a shrinkwrap - guide mesh workflow and for your information, he's developing another similar course which is in early access at the moment. Also the monochrome shot of a Bugatti Atlantic SC really conveys nostalgic class.
  • HiernauxNicolas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi 

Yes for sure, but probably a white wizard because he explain his secrets !
    It's not so odd for me because i used a similar process into maya before to descover his tutorial. 
    Thank you for the information ;)
    I recieved mail notification for his new tutoriel, I think i will foloow it maybe later, but I already  starded the corvette first and wanted to finish it first :)

Thank you for your kind words about the previous render and for your advice ;)

All the best in your projects too :p

• HiernauxNicolas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there,

The most difficult is done !

I completed the guide mesh a while :

And finished the most of the body sheet several days ago :

I'm now focussing on the inishing details of the car and to start to think about the general idea of what the render could be for the contest... :p

See you soon ;)
  • HiernauxNicolas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there,

I well progressed with some details like air vents and tail lights :)
    I'm quite happy with these :p
    But Now, i start to develop my idea of render ; i would like some transparent body sheet into something that is figuring a neurons network... :D

let's see what it could be...