Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hello everyone! I am a newbie to Zbrush. I want to make animals realistic

Hello everyone! I am a newbie to Zbrush. I want to make animals realistic, but I would like to know what professionals are thinking about while they are making them. I would like to know if there are any recommended books or videos that explain this, and even if it is not directly related to Zbrush, I would welcome any sculptor's thoughts that would help me with this. Thank you in advance.

These are just some of the pieces I have made so far.

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off: reference is key! Find as much as you can, and make sure you keep in mind that different focal lengths drastically alter how something appears, so you can't just use them as blueprint.
    Secondly, start with placing primitives, and keep any 'sculpting' minimal, mostly using the move and snakehook tools to warp these primitives a bit. Detail comes later!
  • kanga
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    One really great way to start is to have a 3D reference like Daz next to your working screen. As well as humans Daz has animals that are anatomically correct which you can use while you work. The second thing is to start low and as you work slowly increase the resolution of your mesh. There are a lot of youtube vids showing a method of starting hi rez. This is no help to a beginner. You will end up with lumpy meshes. Start low and work your way up.