Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Fox Shrine - Let me know your thoughts!

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
SilverKayin polycounter lvl 11
This is my Shrine scene I have been working on since last September. I had I a lot of struggles getting it to this stage. The wood trim sheet was really tough for me to get where I wanted it to be. With feedback I went through several iterations. I think I landed on one that looks pretty good for what I'm going for. The trees were another area of frustration. I went through probably 8 or 9 different variations to get to the ones you see here. It's was a major learning curve going from doing props to a full environment,  so much more to think about. I learned about trim sheets, material blending, better ways to make foliage. I'm gonna take the knowledge I gained from this a move on to my next great adventure!

Renders

Here's a live animated render of the scene

Textures/Materials Breakdowns

These are a few textures I made for this project.

Wood Trim (Zbrush and Substance Painter)

Base Color                                                                     Normal
Curve                                                                             Mask

Grass (Substance Designer)

Base                                                                              Normal

Bark (Substance Designer)

Base                                                                            Normal

Cliff (Substance Designer)

Base                                                                           Normal
Mask                                                                         Height

Thank you all for checking out my scene!

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I think having more variety in the sizes of the red trees, or placing some in clusters/groups would help make them look more natural outside of the path. Right now I get a weird repetition vibe from how they are used in the backdrop.