Home Technical Talk

Zbrush auto closing holes question

Don_Wasyl
node
Hello guys.
I would like to ask if anyone knows the trick to auto close holes in that scenario.
I am trying to have this kind of effect on model shown below.

But to do that I need to manually bridge holes one after another using Zmodeller and this is possible but time consuming.
Is there any way to deal with this kind of problem?

Close holes setting in modify topology is not the thing that will deal with this problem.

Thank you everyone for any help.

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! I wonder if deleting the geometry going inwards and extruding/ solidifying the remaining "flat" geometry is possible, as it would lead to the same/similar visual result.

I don't use Zmodeler, but I assume there are use cases where it would save time performing those tasks in an application dedicated to poly-modeling.

Good luck!
  • Don_Wasyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don_Wasyl node
    Nope this not working, I think that easier way to fix that problem would be to export model to other software that is more dedicated to hard surface, but still sort of dissapointing that such simple task cannot be done in some simple steps in program that is 20+ yrs old.
    Thank you for your time Fabi.
  • Benjammin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjammin greentooth
    Don_Wasyl said:
    Nope this not working, I think that easier way to fix that problem would be to export model to other software that is more dedicated to hard surface, but still sort of dissapointing that such simple task cannot be done in some simple steps in program that is 20+ yrs old.
    Thank you for your time Fabi.
    The exact same thing will happen in Maya, because software isn't telepathic - it doesn't know what you're trying to make. Closing the holes the "wrong" way is absolutely correct behavior for the tool. 
    Sometimes you have to things the slow way, because its ultimately faster than spending time searching for a "fast" solution.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    you could insert a new cube and boolean them together perhaps?
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Outside application and or plugin, probably best since some time has past to jot this issue down for a later date to review and look into for next time and just go ahead and manually do it, this is a good example of why planning ahead is important.

Blender might help with this idk about blender to much though & jumping between apps from experience and word on p.c. is that things could start getting weird and problematic.

Edit: adding to what alex suggested, after that then dynamesh, zremesh, polygrouping and removing maybe? but you might loose that neatness you have now, and probably more work than just doing it manually.
  • okidoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okidoki polycounter lvl 2
    Hmmm..  Subdividing a cube with two numbers of cut and then beveling just gives me "almost" the mesh you does have.. (without the extrusions).. and then adding a soldify modifier in Blender just gives me the "closed mesh" you are asking for.. (with extrusions and "closed" inner faces..)

• Don_Wasyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don_Wasyl node
    okidoki said:
    Hmmm..  Subdividing a cube with two numbers of cut and then beveling just gives me "almost" the mesh you does have.. (without the extrusions).. and then adding a soldify modifier in Blender just gives me the "closed mesh" you are asking for.. (with extrusions and "closed" inner faces..)

That's a good idea, I literally did the exact same thing before you posted it.
    I sent you a +
    Good job.