Home Unreal Engine

Black spots on Wolrd Normals / White shining artefacts on meshes

red_snow
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
red_snow polycounter lvl 3
This happens from time to time, i didn't find any solution yet, this is definitely problem with normals, i tried disabling compression / mipmapping / reimporting textures / rebuilding tangent and normals (inside static mesh editor) nothing helped.
This also drops my fps significantly that i can't continue my work
materials are standard from quixel

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Standard troubleshooting steps I'd go through is first check the easy things:

toggling nanite on and off. if this solves problem, you know its nanite related.

can also export the models and reimport as obj and see if that makes any difference. if it does, this would indicate something borked with import of the models.

finally, check what is happening in the material. could make a new material, simplified without all the parameters in it, and see if that solves issue. If it does this indicates problem in the material.

it could be multiple contributing factors, like nanite + however the materials are setup. But if you have zero clue what the cause is, just have to switch one thing on an off at a time to get some notion where the issue is.
  • red_snow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    red_snow polycounter lvl 3
    so i found the reason, this is parent material related problem, if i had more time to investigate mb i would say more precise.
    thank you