Home Adobe Substance

Dashed lines on AO and Curvature maps after baking

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello! For some time after baking from low poly to low poly I've been facing some dashed lines on my model. They are quite prominent on ao and curvature maps; however, there are some artifacts on the normal map too. UVs and wireframe seem to be okay, so I don't get why it's happening. Here are some screenshots.

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Do you have any modifiers on the mesh you bake to? If so, check the modified UVs to ensure they are not affected by a modifier (bevel). Either duplicate a part that is affected apply all modifier, there might also be an option in the UV editor to preview modified UVs.
  • AlexandrDm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G said:
    Hi! Do you have any modifiers on the mesh you bake to? If so, check the modified UVs to ensure they are not affected by a modifier (bevel). Either duplicate a part that is affected apply all modifier, there might also be an option in the UV editor to preview modified UVs.

Thanks to your reply; it was the bevel modifier. After removing and adding some bevels, nasty lines disappeared. Guess I have to be more carefull with them. Thanks to your suggestions, it helped!