Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Photorealistic Playstation 2 Memory Card - Looking for feedback

node
Offline / Send Message
Rhav node
Hey people! This is my first personal project where i try to texture and model following a photorealistic/realistic art style.

In my opinion, 50% of the total look will be given by good lighting and composition, but for now i just need to know if i still have to adjust issues, or if i can feel proud of what i did and put this in my portfolio (which will contain this prop inside a little environment i made, and also a low poly version of it)

Thank you for your time!

PS. Please consider that the lights are placed in a kinda random position : P

Replies

• lyte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lyte node
    Hello @Rhav , nice job! Love the dirt and edge damage, brings back a lot of memories!
    The only feedback I can think of is related to the relief text and it's sharp corners. I couldn't find your specific reference product, but in my experience since the card is already small, that engraving feels too precise. I see here on this one that the letter profile is more rounded and the type is thicker. I'd try experimenting. Also on the highlights you can see the plastic irregularities that were common in the design of that time, but I'm not sure it's the case in your ref. Maybe a little noise in the height map could do that?

I hope it helps and I wish you good luck! :)