Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for advice - Portfolio Review

Hey everyone, first post here! 

I have been working as a 3D artist for a bit more than a year now, and managed to build a small portfolio. Could you maybe give some critique on what to remove/change? I will also add few of the models I made to this post for easier reading, rest are on my portfolio. I really want to focus on stylized game art, may it be characters or props. 

My portfolio link: https://www.artstation.com/jahviez
Sketchfab link: https://sketchfab.com/Jahviez

Jobs in my country are extremely limited when it comes to stylized games, so I am trying to expand my horizon when it comes to the market. Any help is much appreciated! 

Thanks once again!

Replies

• ThisisVictoriaZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThisisVictoriaZ polycounter
    Love your work! It looks really good, and you're doing a great job. As far as what to remove or change, since you have so much stuff on your page I would try to sort it so that the stuff you are the most proud of, or is most in line with what you want to continue to do is at the top front. You can simply click and drag projects in the manage portfolio tab to change the order of the projects. After that I would remove what is the weakest, or things that aren't at the same quality as the rest. Imo the Molting Monarch and the Untitled Dwarf Game Scenes projects are probably the weakest and could be removed from your portfolio, but that's just my opinion :)
  • Jahviez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love your work! It looks really good, and you're doing a great job. As far as what to remove or change, since you have so much stuff on your page I would try to sort it so that the stuff you are the most proud of, or is most in line with what you want to continue to do is at the top front. You can simply click and drag projects in the manage portfolio tab to change the order of the projects. After that I would remove what is the weakest, or things that aren't at the same quality as the rest. Imo the Molting Monarch and the Untitled Dwarf Game Scenes projects are probably the weakest and could be removed from your portfolio, but that's just my opinion :)
    Thank you so much for the advice and your kind words! I will definitely start removing the weakest work like you said.