Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Dandylion3d

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Thanks for checking my sketchbook out !

My dream is to become a 3d character artist and i left my old career to pursue it. I'm currently working on my Art fundamentals and studying the game char pipeline. I'll load up what i'm working on here and any progress updates.

All critique is welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• Dandylion3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Neyla - The Cloud Princess
    -sculpted / rendered in Blender.
    -painted in ClipStudioPaint
    This project was mainly for me to get a temperature check on my sculpting ability. The sculpt was based on an original design from a friend of mine on Instagram.

Reference/ Art Brief:

My Sculpture:

Once i got a render of my sculpture i liked, I imported the PNG over to Clip Studio Paint to colorize it. I didn't really know a ton about material set up or texturing at this point just how to sculpt, pose, and set up some basic lights. I used a mixture of gradient maps and overpainting to add color to the render until i was satisfied with the look and feel.

• Dandylion3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Custom Pokedex
    -modeled/ rendered in blender
    -textured in substance paint

This was a lecture i followed by Aniket Rawat to learn more about how texturing in substance paint works and i wanted to try some basic hard surface modelling. I learned how booleans worked in order to get mechanical looking elements. The tutorial didn't have any focus on clean topology just getting to a nice render. 

• Dandylion3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nintendo Gameboy
    -modeled in blender 
    -textured in substance paint

This project was another lecture by Aniket Rawat i followed to drill in the substance paint knowledge. Had alot of fun with this lesson and learned a lot. Also i really love the OG gameboy. The render set up was rather basic in blender, just 2 area lights and a curved plane set to a grey color. 

I brought my model into marmoset to try rendering and setting up a turnaround. Also played with the mview feature a bit. Marm is really cool and i like how simple it is to bang out a render. I think the Omni lights are the best, but they dont cast shadows for mview which is a little sad. I feel like i learned alot in this project. 

The gameboy project was my most current 3d piece. I'm now starting work on Simon Fuchs grenade drone to seal in some more basic 3d knowledge. After that i have some character sculpts to work on in between my art school assignments.
  • Dandylion3d