Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Old Study looking for critique

Hi! I would really appreciate any critique on this project on how to improve it. I was going for a fancy study in a old manor at night time.  The camera angles are not final, just wanted to get overall pictures of the room. I am mostly struggling with composition and lighting, I want the place to feel lived in but still keep the manor feeling of it being grande and not too cluttered. 

Replies

• lyte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lyte node
    Hi :) I think the lighting can be improved, try to make it brighter (even if it's an interior, low lit scene). I see a gereral diffuse light but not clear light source influencing the scene, nor strong shadows. The final image should be well exposed. Try to get a good result in render directly, then tweak a little in PS. 

for example here, the light bulbs cast shadows (look under the sofa) and highlight the materials (leather, wood). If you have windows in the scene, you can play with cold sunlight and warm artificial lamps to give more life to the scene. Try to create a center of focus in every shot, either trhough composition or lighting (like the couch in this photo). 
    Here a brighter lit example 

the room is much more visible and your work is more valued :)

keep up posting the process and good luck ! :)
  • LinneaHallenbom
    Thank you so much for the tips! will now rework the lighting I didn't even realise it was so dark until now, definitely looks a lot better more brightly lit :)
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    srry, double post.

• pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    I think there is a happy medium, I like your original lighting, but having a few areas of interest will do wonders for these shots, Making the focal point the couch, highlight on floor, and room at the end of layout, and roses by the fireplace and then knocking everything else back a bit. Some post processing to the camera is needed as well. Good luck.