Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [Advice] Water Temple UE5

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
archie_garcia_27 polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone. My name is Archie Garcia. I'd like to start posting my progress here on this personal piece I've been working on to add to my portfolio. It's a game environment in UE5 based off the concept art I have here attached. I'm somewhere in the early-mid stages of this project. I have shots here of both the interior of the temple, and the outside environment. Though I feel as though I should focus more of my efforts on the interior and making that the best part of this piece. My initial plan was to flesh out an exterior environment as well to show some environment building skills as well (Landscapes, ground material blending, foliage, etc.). However I'm shifting most of my focus to the interior for now.
Some of the things I have so far:
-A brick and ornate detail trim sheet made in Zbrush and Substance Painter that most of the architecture is using. 
-Some height blended vertex painting going on with a moss to go over the general structural pieces.
-A tileable brick texture that can be seen on the floor and ceiling made in Substance Designer. I may feel I should change out this material, mostly for the floor, to match more of what the concept is showing.
-Various modular pieces that use the trim sheet to building out most of what you see in the interior. 
-Some placed megascan foliage where water exists, as well as some vines hanging around the vertical pieces.
-Some of the exterior environment is roughly blocked out with some manually painted landscapes and some megascan and blockout rocks and trees placed around.

Some things to still do for the interior:
-Finish placing foliage around (replacing large green blob place holders with foliage.
-Duplicate vertex painted column with moss around 
-Replace blockout floor model with higher poly to remove faceting. 
-Figure out what will be the center piece. (Currently thinking a large statue utilizing tileable textures and vertex painting rather then a custom baked material, as that would require large texture resolutions for a large model)
-Some other various things still need to be done.

I appreciate any feedback at this current stage and forward as my goal is to keep this post updated till this is finalized!

Concept:

WIP: