Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Minecart - Looking for feedback

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Paruino polycounter lvl 5

Exciting news, everyone! I've just completed a stylized 3D minecart project. The low-poly modeling was done in Blender, high-poly sculpting in ZBrush, and texturing in Substance Painter. 🚂🎨

You can check it all here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lDKK4k

I'm eager to share this creation with you all and would greatly appreciate your thoughts and feedback. Your input is incredibly valuable to me as I strive to enhance my skills and portfolio. Please take a moment to check it out and let me know what you think! Your feedback will help me continue to grow as a 3D artist. Thank you in advance for your support and insights!

Any ideas to make the image more attractive? Any ideas to improve my 3d art?

Replies

• Paruino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are the references:

• ThisisVictoriaZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThisisVictoriaZ polycounter
    Your minecart looks stunning! I think you did a great job with match most of the reference. The main things that stick out to me that you could improve on are the front part of the cart in the ref is at a slight angle, which lends a lot the the silhouette being less cube like and more organic looking. Also The coal in the ref has quite a lot more detail/small shapes that I'm missing from your coal! I added a little draw over here to show what im talking about:

Overall tho it looks great, good job!
  • Paruino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your minecart looks stunning! I think you did a great job with match most of the reference. The main things that stick out to me that you could improve on are the front part of the cart in the ref is at a slight angle, which lends a lot the the silhouette being less cube like and more organic looking. Also The coal in the ref has quite a lot more detail/small shapes that I'm missing from your coal! I added a little draw over here to show what im talking about:

Overall tho it looks great, good job!
    Thanks for your feedback! Now that you mention it I see it much clearer, I will take it into account for the next prop