Home General Discussion

clo3D and blender for fashion

Hello Community,  I am totally new here and very excited that I found this page here. I am a very traditionally skilled fashion designer and want to enter more into 3D fashion now. I am learning Clo3d and also Blender specially for fashion. is there a special community here also focussing on that? I am very curious and open to learn more and to exchange. 
Thank you . 

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome! There are a lot of Blender users here, not so sure about Clo. Do a search for Blender topics, there are some good ones around.
  • Shakkei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great thank you I still struggle a lot with blender clo3d is a bit easier to learn
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Welcome! There are a lot of Blender users here, not so sure about Clo. Do a search for Blender topics, there are some good ones around.

likely more in the form of Marvelous Designer the entertainment version of Clo
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    One of the best places where to find Clo/MD resources is probably the (sigh...) ArtStation marketplace. There are many, many people selling MD garments there as well as paid video tutorials. You probably won't find much of a so-called community around this though : Clo and MD are subscription-based, and their PR/community management is close to non-existent. Whereas the Blender Foundation has pretty great PR and the software has very active user forums. 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi Shakkei. Welcome here.
    If you give us an idea of what your end goal is, you will get the best info. As pior said, there probably isn't much of a fashion design community, but here and elsewhere on the webs there are loads of character artists. Many of these artists create costumes for their characters that are innovative and just plain stunning. Most use Marvelous designer but after a quick search Clo3D looks pretty good.

Once again welcome, and have fun!
  • Shakkei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior said:
    One of the best places where to find Clo/MD resources is probably the (sigh...) ArtStation marketplace. There are many, many people selling MD garments there as well as paid video tutorials. You probably won't find much of a so-called community around this though : Clo and MD are subscription-based, and their PR/community management is close to non-existent. Whereas the Blender Foundation has pretty great PR and the software has very active user forums. 
    thank you very much where can I finde the art startuion marketplace?
  • Shakkei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga said:
    If you give us an idea of what your end goal is, you will get the best info. As pior said, there probably isn't much of a fashion design community, but here and elsewhere on the webs there are loads of character artists. Many of these artists create costumes for their characters that are innovative and just plain stunning. Most use Marvelous designer but after a quick search Clo3D looks pretty good.

kanga said:

I guess somebody designing costumes for characters could also be very helpful . I am more into the fashion side but my journey totally on the start that sway I am happy for everybody more professional in this field. I will try to do like a sketchbook here. thank you very much. 
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Here's an example of a typical Clo/MD seller on Artstation : 
    https://www.artstation.com/digitalcombine/store
    The videos shown by this kind of user usally go all the way to the final garment in MD/Clo, which is suitable for renders but not for game use. A proper game model would involve a retopology step (usually started in Clo/MD and finished in a regular 3d program), UVs, and baking.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Welcome i am sure you will get traction if your designs are appealing, Topic specific & theme based designs will get attention.  Will look out for the sketchbook.