Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jayy Elliott

First 3D render in Unreal, texturing took a lot of trial and error

Replies

• jayysdominion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Creature Bust - Was tasked with taking a pre-existing concept and turning into a 3D sculpt in Zbrush. Pretty happy with how my first crack at the program came out! I'd love to try it again in the future with my own design. I'm slowly learning to love 3D  :)
  • jayysdominion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Game Ready Asset- Transformed found concept art into a hero prop. It was really fun to sculpt the details into the sword blade and pommel! Definitely learned a lot from this one,I've made a lot of mental notes of what to do differently in the future. It also inspired me to work on a more stylized book prop, and experiment with hand painted textures rather than procedurals. 

• jayysdominion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very Excited to share this (very) ambitious project I've been working on for the past month! I wanted to recreate the style of one of my favorite Zelda titles, Skyward Sword, but update it to today's gaming standards. It was a lot of hard work and a learning curve that took up a lot of brain power, and I'm so glad it came out to match my vision. I learned how to paint my own textures and understood UVs a lot more than in my previous projects. I'm still learning but it's such a visual upgrade from my previous work that I really can't fault myself for it. Now that I've finished this, I'd like to work on making a similarly styled environment based on one of my own concepts.