Home Technical Talk

[Blender] Geometry nodes trouble (solved)

Hi folks. I'm having a little difficulty with Blender 3.6 geometry nodes. 

I created a simple fluff material and applied it to the mesh.

And I just need to remove it from the beak, eyes and paws using Weight Paint tool.

But something went wrong :/
Material was applied incorrectly and instead of fluff it displays multiple copies of chick.

Weight Paint works and rearranges the particles, but again little chicks are displayed instead.

Anyway, please help me fix the fluff and get it off the unnecessary parts  ;)

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I see it just ok  in your blend file.  Using current Blender version.     it works  as it is.
    Although I think instead of realize instances  you  should use  random Z value  into instancer scale  input.   "Realize" turns  all instances into single unique geometry  and would render slow .   Perhaps does  this glitch too .  But I still see it ok in 3.6.2  including your initial unmodified file.
    ps. Actually my edition is irrelevant  since all the instances  turn into   a unique mesh  later in the node flow  anyway.
    Could be first a mesh  , then input to instance on points  my guess.

• EmptyField
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop said:
    I see it just ok  in your blend file.  Using current Blender version.     it works  as it is.
    Although I think instead of realize instances  you  should use  random Z value  into instancer scale  input.   "Realize" turns  all instances into single unique geometry  and would render slow .   Perhaps does  this glitch too .  But I still see it ok in 3.6.2  including your initial unmodified file.
    ps. Actually my edition is irrelevant  since all the instances  turn into   a unique mesh  later in the node flow  anyway.
    Could be first a mesh  , then input to instance on points  my guess.

Thanks for reply! 

I think I finally solved this. Instead of Weight paint I was advised to apply Vertex paint and assign a new input. And it works.