Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP/Critique needed] Female face sculpt

Working on my first "serious" project, and first time asking for advice/critique from someone, because I feel stuck. Making a lot of small tweaks over and over for several days already, and not making any progress.
I'm trying to sculpt a female head in this kind of style, but a Caucasian instead of Asian.
I need some general feedback on this work: does anatomy look good? how to make this face more appealing/cuter? Like does it look decent at least?  :#  
And also, specifically mouth/lips look weird to me, like there is some unwanted tension, a bit of a duckface look, and I cant find a way to fix it. Are eyes set to deep or is it fine? Also, it feels to me like she looks better without hair, possibly because the hairline is in the wrong place, or perhaps hair in a too early stage compared to the face?
Head Without perspective.

Camera focal length set to 85.

Here are some more references that I've used, but I was not going one to one for this look, just some facial features.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Even if she is teen her eyes should be close to the middle , if its stylized or manga everything is possible
    Top lip has the shape of a M right now you are missing inner rounder M and legs of M should overlap bottom lip
    Some of proportions are not quite there and shape of the head is wonky , fix this 2 and you will have something that look more like human
    Look for shaved young woman's head refs to have something to guide you in to how should female head look like

• Vopper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Even if she is teen her eyes should be close to the middle , if its stylized or manga everything is possible
    Top lip has the shape of a M right now you are missing inner rounder M and legs of M should overlap bottom lip
    Some of proportions are not quite there and shape of the head is wonky , fix this 2 and you will have something that look more like human
    Look for shaved young woman's head refs to have something to guide you in to how should female head look like

Thank you! Didn't even think that a have something wrong with the shape of the head.  :# With your adjustments it definitely looks better and more like human.
    And yes, I was going for a bit of a stylized look and saw that making eyes lower tends to make the face look younger/cuter, I guess I put them too low.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Are you working from photo references? I think the best way to practice is by using generic models which allow you to focus on anatomy. Use a free app like Daz 3D on a screen next to your work monitor. That allows you to rotate and zoom while you work.
    For study though I reckon doin a whole figure each time gives you better balance'