Home Adobe Substance

[Noob] blending UV map borders

Hello, as in the title I am an hyper noob in substance, I am learning by looking at tutorials but it does not always help.
So what I am looking to do is blending a seam between two UV maps.
I created a copper pot in blender, I made two different materials for the copper coat and the tin coat of the pot body. The seam between copper and tin in real life is not so perfect so I thought I could use the brush and do something (not sure what), but the brush is disabled.
I guess I have to do something to reactivate the brush, any idea what?
And then is there something like the PS clone that allows me to blend one of the textures over the other?
Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! I don't quite understand your exact issue. Maybe a screenshot with the Painter ui and layer stack visible will make it more clear. Do you use 2 different texture sets? Or do you blend the two materials by a mask? If it's the latter, you should be able to blur the mask, paint on it, ... .
  • LunaBarak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G said:
    Hi! I don't quite understand your exact issue. Maybe a screenshot with the Painter ui and layer stack visible will make it more clear. Do you use 2 different texture sets? Or do you blend the two materials by a mask? If it's the latter, you should be able to blur the mask, paint on it, ... .
    Thank you! Your comment gave me some usefull hint :)