Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Am I doing my low poly right? - Flaregun [WIP]

I am modeling the Leuchtpistole 34 flare gun for my weapon art portfolio (https://www.artstation.com/alexanderlindberg) and I have now completed the low poly. I want feedback on it as I am not super well versed in low poly creation from high poly and any critique on it would be appreciated!

Sidenote: Certain features of the original model have been removed for creative reasons.

Low Poly - 11k triangles, 6k Vertices:

High Poly: 

Example of original model:

Replies

• hwaminjung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hwaminjung polycounter lvl 2
    Looking pretty good so far! I would say the transition of the barrel from the cylindrical shape to the octagonal shape is a little bit flimsy looking. I would try and give that part another look. Alsoif you give your model a slight bevelling on all the sharp edges I think that will make it look better
  • alexus_sanchez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking pretty good so far! I would say the transition of the barrel from the cylindrical shape to the octagonal shape is a little bit flimsy looking. I would try and give that part another look. Alsoif you give your model a slight bevelling on all the sharp edges I think that will make it look better
    I will fix that transition in the high poly stage as well as give all edges smoothing. Thanks for the feedback!