Home Career & Education

CG Fast Track website?

Wolfer
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
hi there i hope it ok for me to post this question here. Just wondering has any here tried the cg fast track courses. I mean I tried one of their video on a sword and it was great but just curious if anyone has any experience with them on their website and all.  Just I am interested in the site but wanted to get some opinion from anyone who may have bought it or used followed with their courses.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Searching "cgfasttrack" I saw this topic from last year. Maybe they have an opinion?
    https://polycount.com/discussion/230773/tesla
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    There is so much free stuff it seems insane to spend money on education for this besides some nickles and dimes here and there. The bias that they'll exploit is "if you spend more money, you'll get better results." This just isn't true. How fast you learn 100% comes down to your own habits.

Quite a few red flags.
    FOMO:

"Only I can save you":

I'd exhaust the free stuff or cheap one time purchases first before such a heft price tag, even with the 90% discount (this is classic marketing trick, it's bullshit). By the way, I'm all about supporting the educators but these sort of predatory marketing things aimed at students is just bottom feeding behavior. Like stealing candy from babies.

What are you trying to learn?

• Wolfer
    Offline / Send Message
    Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
    Ahh i appreciate this information. Just trying to get a better understanding of using blender tools and all. And i understand, i taken other courses from people and all just i took their sword one and i enjoyed it and i was curious but i understand where your coming from. that why i'm doing my research before jumping to conclusion and all.