Home Technical Talk

Help with rigging a strap

aCid
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
aCid polycounter lvl 10
Hello people,

While working on a little project here I ran into a problem:

I modeled this bottle, which is part of a scene I am working on. In the scene later I'd like to be able to put the bottle to wherever I want to, with the strap on top falling naturally to the ground. My initial plan now was to maybe rig it so that I can specifically pose it to my needs. But I am totally not sure whether this is the right way of doing this. I am also open to any other sugesstions instead of rigging. It will not be animated, it is just for set dressing.

In the end, the scene will be presented somewhat like in this project here, just to give a bit more information.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/klmZyy

I am asking for general workflow advice on how I can get a working setup, but since I am using blender I'd appreciate help in blender with this.

Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would suggest a cloth simulation for something like this. I'm no Blender expert, but it would be nice to find a tool which lets you style the physics, such that you would drag a point on the model while it simulates, so you can position the strap approximately where you want and the sim does the rest.