Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Needing critique on my recent 3D environment - UE5

Hey all! New to sharing on Polycount, been modeling and growing my skillset for around 6 years since uni graduation, with a lot of life events and breaks in-between. I've been really pushing this year to massively up my game and push for my goals of being an environment artist in the games industry. Below are some shots from my most recent UE5 environment using a lot of game art techniques to produce it such as utilizing trimsheets, modular pieces, and things like decals and vertex blending. Total time was about 2 1/2 weeks from concept to completion. I'll also share a link to the full post on ArtStation. I would massively appreciate any and all critiques/comments/feedback on anything that sticks out---whether that be lighting, textures, models, composition, colors, etc---so I can continue my growth and apply it going forward. Cheers!

https://iansluck.artstation.com/projects/4936kk

Replies

• sarasumm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm polycounter lvl 4
    The materials look great. The puddles make the scene feel realistic. My suggestion is to add a focal point to give more interest to the scene. Maybe adding more detail to the door or opening it to bring in a light source. Right now, my eyes are being drawn mostly to the torches, but having a clear focal point will help draw out the strengths of the piece. Keep at it!
  • IansLuck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sarasumm said:
    The materials look great. The puddles make the scene feel realistic. My suggestion is to add a focal point to give more interest to the scene. Maybe adding more detail to the door or opening it to bring in a light source. Right now, my eyes are being drawn mostly to the torches, but having a clear focal point will help draw out the strengths of the piece. Keep at it!
    Thank you for your response! :) I think that is something that would absolutely help enhance the feel. I appreciate your feedback!