Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Nomad Guardian UE5

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lev_314 polycounter lvl 4

Hi guys, I would like to share with you some stuff I’m working on.

I made some sketches and decided in what direction I want to develop the design further.

This is not truly historical character, however I would like to write a short description of the character for further design work. The idea behind this character, she is a Kazakh woman guarding caravans, the path of which is like the territory of modern China, Turkey and the countries of Central Asia. This will be shown by the presence of elements of armor and weapons of the cultures living in these places. However, the main direction of clothing is Kazakh national costumes, this will be also expressed in national ornaments.

Mood Board

Very early blockout

I simulated some elements of clothing and worked on the shoulder armor

Face is not really done, I'll refine it late in Blender and Unreal, but I like how it’s feeling

At the moment I'm still collecting a lot of references to create a decent design, so some things might change. Later I want to add a quiver and a bow on the front and a sword on the back.
I'm also thinking about the headdress.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    lovely!

i love the fact that she feels so grounded in her reality, that she is appealing without following like a "super pleasing likable beauty standard". realism is really not my field. i think if you nail groom, texturing, lighting and shading you'll have a winner.

• pxgeek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pxgeek keyframe
    very nice....

But seriously, looking fantastic! I really like the feeling of weight of the different fabric/textiles.
  • hwaminjung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hwaminjung polycounter lvl 2
    Absolutely beautiful
  • Lev_314
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys!
  • Lev_314
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I think I'm done with blocking, there are some parts I want to improve design-wise, I'll deal with them in the detailing stage so there won't be any major changes.
    I made several versions of national hats, but I'll probably stick with the original look without the headdress, anyway  it was fun to experiment.
    Now I am collecting references for possible options for developing a high-poly model, which I can focus on.
    I really like the Zbrush models from God of War, the leather work is especially impressive. I'll try to get some good lessons out of them