Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kriss Vector Rifle

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
daniu3d polycounter lvl 2

Kriss Vector modeled in Rhinoceros, Fusion360 and rendered with Unreal Engine 5. Imperfection textures from Megascans.

I made the main shapes and blockout on Rhino, then I had to move to Fusion360 for the detailing because making fillets in Rhino was really problematic, most of them broke the model or didn't come out correctly, I suppose it's because of the complex shapes or because I had to make them in a earlier stage.

As a long time Blender user I wanted to dive more in depth in Unreal Engine's rendering, I must say that it is a bit hard to pick up, especially in the material editing part, but the quality it can achieve in real time really impressive.

Hope you enjoy those renders and if you have some feedback or suggestions tell me!

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Looks good but to make it even better try to make the bevels a bit larger so that they catch nice highlights at medium distance.
    Also, try to lock down the normals on flat faces as there are some areas where they dont look flat.
    As for the texturing, it could really use some object space maps (curvature, ao) blended in with that imperfections texture, at the least.
  • daniu3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daniu3d polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you very much for the advice, I'll try it
    teodar23 said:
    Looks good but to make it even better try to make the bevels a bit larger so that they catch nice highlights at medium distance.
    Also, try to lock down the normals on flat faces as there are some areas where they dont look flat.
    As for the texturing, it could really use some object space maps (curvature, ao) blended in with that imperfections texture, at the least.