Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weapon Set [Blender] [Beginner] [Critique]

I'm planning to start selling Low Poly hardsurface models to make some money while working my full time job. I am fairly confident in anything that isn't overly complicated but I would really appreciate any crtiques, advice or just thoughts you have on the stuff I have done so far that I'm planning to stick in a portfolio.
Also yes that is the base mesh that Blender released recently, I rigged and posed it myself for the renders.

Replies

• okidoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okidoki polycounter lvl 2
    My two cents.. The first reminds of Sparta.. so such a small shield may be okay. For the battle axe: if you wanna go realistic you might want to make it smaller/ lighter.. even halberds aren't this heavy.. or.. if you are going more fantasy you might reconsider the handle (thicker).. imagine the force at the end of it if someone starts to swing this.. 
  • Alexios22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okidoki said:
    My two cents.. The first reminds of Sparta.. so such a small shield may be okay. For the battle axe: if you wanna go realistic you might want to make it smaller/ lighter.. even halberds aren't this heavy.. or.. if you are going more fantasy you might reconsider the handle (thicker).. imagine the force at the end of it if someone starts to swing this.. 
    Yeah I was going for a Gladiator or Spartan theme with the spear and shield, also I agree about the axe, this is actually my second attempt to make it smaller, thankfully I kept the axehead and the handle two seperate pieces so I can resize either of them. I'm not against just making the handle thicker but I'm trying to think about how a character could hold it.
    Edit: Made the change you recommended, I like it.