Home Adobe Substance

Help to approach this texturing ?

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey, I'm currently working on this personal project and I really want to get the texture identically (if possible) to the concept art  
I'm using Substance Painter for texturing but I have no idea how to start this  since I really want to get as closer as possible, which shader inside SP should I use ? or is it about the software I want to render it? unreal engine 5 in this case, I'm pretty lost on this so if you guys can help and guide me I'd really apreciate that
Thanks! 

(this is yet a blockout stage)

Replies

• dllxtt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dllxtt polycounter lvl 8
    It's all look pretty much like CelShading Toon Shading (you can google both and how it works.) with flat colours. 
    In Arnold you have basically there a slot for Diffuse Flat Colors and can readjust color of the Shade that works something like on the screenshot. Shade color also can be connected to the diffuse color with small adjustment, like a little bit darker, this way you will receive shade color close to the object base so it wont be the same on every geometry :) 

Also very nice example I've found for Marmoset^^
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XvBnw

s

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Cool arrangement!
    I would look for break downs of assets rendered in UE in a similar style.
    You might just have to experiment with Unreals material editor. Take a look at the documentation of material functions. There's also people explaining how to create certain materials/material functions on Youtubes (Wadstein, PrismaticaDev). If that's to much of a task, I would either simplify it (e.g. handpainted textures + geometry outline?), or look for an existing assets to pick up (unreal marketplace).

Off topic, I would avoid duplicate threads, as they will lead to duplicate answers and scattered information. Replying to a thread will push it to the top.

Good luck!
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    (blockout comment:) overlay the img on the concept, you'll see some things are a bit off.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G said:

Off topic, I would avoid duplicate threads, as they will lead to duplicate answers and scattered information. Replying to a thread will push it to the top.
    Merged the dupes. This sometimes happens with new members, a bug in the forum software (which Higher Logic doesn’t want to fix). If they’ve triggered the spam filter, but they don’t see (or ignore) the warning pop up, and keep trying to submit their post, the forum will make duplicates. If we approve the user, all the dupes will suddenly get released from the spam queue. Fun!