Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

USM AURIGA - Alien: Resurrection Fan Art

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
victorullmann polycounter lvl 5
Hello!

As a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I wanted to pay homage to this film and its stunning set design. I am excited to share my latest 3D artwork, The USM Auriga ship corridor from the movie Alien: Resurrection.This project was created using Blender and Unreal Engine 5. For the textures and bake I used Substance Designer.

My goal for this project was pratice using bevels, weighted normals and mesh decals, the same workflow as in Star Citizen. For the decals I first made the high poly mode in Blender, then I baked it in Substance Designer and added the other texture details right way. Substance Designer was my main software for textures, I used it as well for the other surfaces. All the models has almost the same textures, if not, a variable of it, with dirt and roughness variation using world aligned textures. 

The project was made with Unreal Engine 5.2. It's all Lumen with dynamic light. I placed Rect Lights in front of the emissive panels in the floor and ceiling. Very simple. 

Here's some breakdown images:

You can check more about the project in the Artstation page: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xDYe9X

Thanks!