Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Wagon - Looking for feedback

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Paruino polycounter lvl 5
Created a stylized 3D wagon! Low-poly modeled in Blender, high-poly sculpted in ZBrush, and textured in Substance Painter. I'm thrilled to share it with all of you and hear your thoughts!  Your valuable feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps me improve my portfolio and also take my art to the next level! 
Any ideas to make the image more attractive? Any ideas to improve my 3d art?
You can check in marmoset viewer in real time  -- https://www.artstation.com/artwork/n0NaRX

The Map textures are in 2k, one map for all the wood, another for the props like the books and also another for the lights and all the objects with the opacity channel. 

Replies

• Paruino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the concept art that i took for the reference, from Bastien Chapitaux. 

• KatharinaSuhany
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KatharinaSuhany polycounter lvl 4
    Hi Paruino, I think you matched your model to the concept really well.
    I think you could improve the texture of the ground plane by changing the tiling of the texture (the flower looks rather large in comparison to the rest) and add some geometry (like grass planes) to make it look less flat. Hope that helps!
  • Paruino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Paruino, I think you matched your model to the concept really well.
    I think you could improve the texture of the ground plane by changing the tiling of the texture (the flower looks rather large in comparison to the rest) and add some geometry (like grass planes) to make it look less flat. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. I'll keep it in mind for my next prop.
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Here are some notes:
    • Unfortunately the ground introduces noise which takes away from an otherwise nice model. A solid color or gradient background might be a quick alternative.
    • Metal looks quite bright in the render, like it's rough aluminum.
    • The lamps on the sides look a bit flat, missing some gradient like on the central lantern. Overall the lamps could use some more glow surrounding them. Could be achieve with volumetric fog, adding some bloom, or post render touchup.  
    • Personally not a big fan of large texts and application logos on renders as they distract from the actual subject. If any text, I would put name/portfolio to direct people to your site when stumbled upon without context.
    Keep it up!