Home General Discussion

Where's a good place to find references for guns?

I really don't know much about guns at all, like really at all. 
I want to find a good place to find references for them so I can model some, like with many pictures of the same gun.
When I tried a while ago, I accidentally used reference pictures that were actually two different guns that I thought were the same, and it came out all silly with parts in the wrong spots etc.  I appreciate any help!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    you'll have to deal with gun nerds here, but if you want to see reference or ask questions about any gun chances are somebody here has one and wants to tell you all about it: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    For workable ortho refs,  places like various vendor sites are pretty good plus a descriptive material breakdown on how they're actually manufactured, as well. These days there's no shortage of resource materiel available just a matter of own research getting a grip on what you've in mind making.

Also suggest checking out - Blueprints.com or The Gun Empire or YT disassembly / assembly vids....anyhow interwebs are indeed your oyster  
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    forgotten weapons on youtube is a goldmine in terms of identifying different variants / families and learning about the mechanics and construction methods.