Home General Discussion

re - rejoining the army

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
so yeah I was in the military police back in 1989 and they are now asking for 'rejoiners' up to the age of 57.
I was thinking of giving it a go :) I am 55 now
I really doubt they will give me a go though, put on loads of weight, am semi retired etc
this may be a post i am making after a few glasses of wine, but never say never :)

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I was pretty fit when I joined, used to run 4 miles a day. I think i am twice the weight I was then though.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    just kidding though :/ maybe not :)
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    desk-job/pop ? yeah I'd say if its just to log data or something but anything physical might be a challenge, wine aside, i learned eating just any grass-fed meat and pasta with d.o.p. cheese for 3 years regulates the body to 100% weight for the height but I'd just do it for 1 year the most next time around.  I've been 155 my 15-ish+ life till about 2 years go, i got lower to 125 now, it took 15 years of all manners of horrible foods, all the fast food and completely stop moving for about 3-4 years to start to gain weight.

I was 175 i think the most, looked at myself started running challenges for myself even though i disliked it at first but managed to finally get a 6+8+ pack for about 3 months but i didn't stop running cause i just started to love it and did the most 4 miles ,still do the running now but totally off meats cause i am testing and proving all things from the scriptures to see if they are true, so far 5+ months on no meat and haven't lost any weight.  I'd say give it a go... learn about food you should be fine quick enough a good 3 months no b.s. ^ those meals 2-3 times a day with fibrous fruits and clean water and watch that stuff fall off.  

You can also ignore me but its what i did, lost that 50lbs, it was a fun learning experience to learn about food and finding out what food regulated the body to its natural weight.  If you trust this info try it, if you do not figure it out yourself. that last part isn't specifically for you RUZ.
    P.s. yeah i was testing to see if i would X =  but i didn't so someone is a liar that said meat all day would kill you, did it 4 years everyday every meal the size of your palm.  loved every minute of it but if its bad for scriptures followers i had to stop so testing this alternative route now, not the worldly version either, my own configuration.  Have to add that is why they are rolling out fake meats or gm.m cause they are probably removing the nutrients and adding alternative things in to keep people sick.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    nahh , its fine, was a good post. I have cut down a bit of late, might start running/cycling again.
    Problem is doing CG art/vid games is not the most physical of pursuits. Gonna get the garden sorted out next week and remodel the house a bit.
    should help with giving me a bt more stamina. Even mowing the lawn is quite calory burning
    i was just weighing up my options mainly, I doubt rejoning the MP's would really happen
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Served during that era (1983 - 90) though age limit for ex-service regular personnel rejoining was and most probably remains capped at 37, where I live. But yeah if memory serves, no need to revisit the lovely experience of 13 weeks recruit training, just a general physical/medical plus police check and other bits 'n pieces, then you're good too go.

IMO I think possibly something worthwhile keeping in mind for 'a rainy day'....alcoholic bevie's notwithstanding  : p 
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah , I think the whole fitness thing would be a bot of a non starter.
    When I joined I used to run 2 or 3 miles  a day and could do 9 or 10 chin ups and yeah the military police basic training was quite demanding to say the least .
    I wasn't in that long anyway, wasn't really my cup of tea. got my nose broken  fighting whilst on Vehcle checkpoint duty  :)
    We also got in trouble for going out drinking in chichester when we were supposed to be confined to barracks.
    Miss the food though, they did great breakfasts
    @sacboi - cool 7 years almost a career, which branch were you in?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I think what's happening is the governmant is reducing the size of our army to a ridiculous level, so they are hoping
    to make up a bit of a shortfall, by re recruiting older people, who already have been trained to a certain level
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Ruz said:
    @sacboi - cool 7 years almost a career, which branch were you in?
    Army (ADF) Australian Defence Force - 12 mths as a reservist then remaining 6yrs full time regular and because I didn't want to walk everywhere, both enlistments were spent serving with armored cavalry reconnaissance regiments :#

At the moment we're in a similar situation. It's horrendously expensive maintaining a permanent modern military deterrent, of any size to be quite frank so exploring viable options mitigating somewhat falling recruitment quotas, by either introducing higher salaries too entice former personnel back in uniform or Ai tech advanced weaponry or further cyber warfare investment...etc especially for wealthier countries, I think will gradually become the norm if things worldwide remain as they are.